Do you know what’s actually bad for your health? It’s not just the food that contains high levels of fat or sugar. According to a new study, some seemingly healthy foods are really hurting our bodies. For example, many people think kale is good for them because it has tons of vitamins and minerals but they don’t realize that this super green can lead to digestive problems!
The food industry is always changing and evolving. It’s impossible to keep up with all the new diets and fads that come out every day. That being said, it’s important to be educated on what you’re eating so you know what trends are healthy or unhealthy for your body.
Here are 5 popular food trends that should be avoided at all costs:
1) Kale salad – kale has a lot of fiber which can cause digestive issues if eaten in large quantities over an extended period of time
2. Fruit juice – fruit juices contain high amounts of sugar from the natural sugars in juice as well as added sugars such as honey, corn syrup, cane sugar, or beet sugar.
3) Coconut Oil – As a dietary fat, coconut oil is high in saturated fats which can lead to cardiovascular disease.
4) Bone Broth – While it does contain some beneficial nutrients such as collagen and protein, drinking too much of this liquid can leech calcium from your bones making them brittle and weak.
5) Gluten-Free Foods – While gluten-free foods do not usually contain wheat or barley (the two grains containing gluten), they often still include other ingredients that can cause stomach problems for some people with celiac disease.